Kia ora tatou and welcome. I’m Matt, a New Zealand born traveler, adventurer and all over thrill-seeker. While my ordinary life is confined to a comfy office, my non-ordinary life is often in pursuit of daring adventure. I don’t do beaches and cocktails on my vacations… I do adventure, mind-blowing experiences and moments of close escapes. Often to far-flung places, in pursuit of extreme things. Like when a volcano pops or it rains cats and dogs and elephants.
I’ve conquered some of the highest mountain peaks in New Zealand, been the first person to explore remote locations in Antarctica and have descended into many, dangerous volcanoes.
While Mother Nature is sometimes a very destructive and fearsome force, she puts on the best show on Earth. It’s this connection which I love to explore and share at every opportunity through this website.
Press coverage of my adventures
- First look at gobsmacking vision of frothing Vanuatu volcano taken by Kiwi for Google / TVNZ, Mar 2017
- Kiwi daredevil takes Google Street View inside seething Vanuatu volcano / Stuff, Mar 2017
- Kiwi descends into live Vanuatu volcano crater to help capture images for Google Street View / NZ Herald, Mar 2017
- Dust Devil Erupts on Volcano Summit / The Weather Channel, Dec 2016
- Done and dusted: Incredible dust devil tornado on top of Volcano / Daily Mail, Dec 2016
- Dust devil spins on top of one of the world’s most dangerous volcanoes / AccuWeather, Dec 2016
- Incredible close-up footage from INSIDE mouth of volcano / Daily Mirror, Oct 2016
- Brave explorers pose for selfies by terrifying erupting volcano in incredible footage / Daily Mirror, Dec 2015
- Brave or stupid? Group spend a week camping inside the crater of a volcano / Yahoo! News, Dec 2015
- A week inside an active volcano / New Zealand Herald, Dec 2015